Caught stealing half a million worth of groceries!On 12 Feb 2020 by Mapepeza
On Tuesday, the Ekurhuleni Metro Police officers in the Tsakane area arrested suspects found offloading reportedly stolen foodstuffs from a warehouse in the Geluksdale area (La Bore industrial site) on Newton road.
“When officers closed in on five suspects, who were busy transferring goods from a parked white Isuzu truck to a building following a tip-off off, three suspects ran away from the metro police, leaving behind a 34 and the 40-year old,” said EMPD spokesperson Kobeli Mokheseng.
“The local SAPS were summoned and not long, the Rand track (motor vehicle tracker) Team following coordinates of the stolen goods showed up, citing that a Heavy Motor Vehicle transporting groceries was robbed earlier on and found abandoned (without goods) somewhere on the N3 freeway, confirming that the uncovered loot, tallies with the one missing,” explained Mokheseng.
The apprehended suspects were detained at Tsakane police station, under possession of suspected stolen goods/items case. The two suspects were expected to appear in court today.
You may also like
This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.
- Limpopo’s botanical garden to create about 200 temporary jobs
- Knocked out by the beauty of micro-seasons
- SA singer in line for two Josie Music Awards
- Nitish Rana's Cryptic Tweet After Missing Out on India's T20 Squad for South Africa Series Goes VIRAL
- Shock fuel price awaits South Africans as minister says no to further tax relief: report