Ekurhuleni Budget and IDP public participation extendedOn 31 May 2020 by Mapepeza
The closing date for comments on the City’s draft 2020/21 reviewed Integrated Development Plan, Multiyear budget and related documents listed below has been extended to 08 June 2020.
The following documents are available on the website City’ website:
1. 2020/21 Integrated Development Plan
2. Draft 2020/21 – 2022/23 MTREF
3. Draft budget related policies
4. Proposed tariffs
5. 2020/21 Draft Built Environment Performance Plan.
This year, due to Covid-19 pandemic, public participation is through digital platforms.
This is in response to Directions No 43291 issued by the Minister of Corporate Governance and Tradition Affairs, in terms of section 27(2) of the Disaster Management Act 2002.
The City works of, what can be called blueprint, the Growth and Development Plan 2055 – which is the City’s long term plan.
This is broken up into shorter term goals, the Integrated Development Plan (IDP) that covers five years and is further broken down into fiscal year planning called Service Delivery Budget Implementation Plans (SDBIP).
What is the IDP?
The Integrated Development Plan (IDP) is a process where municipalities prepare a strategic development plan that covers a five-year period.
It includes the:
• resource allocation, and
• decision-making processes in the municipality.
It also includes the public participation process in which the public is consulted and asked to comment on the proposed plans of the City.
Have Your Say
All comments and inputs on the draft IDP and budget must be emailed to email@example.com – closing date for these comments is 08 June 2020 at 16:00, and comments received after 22 May 2020 to date will be considered.
All enquiries on the draft IDP and budget must be forwarded to firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.
You may also like
This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.
- In Africa, large land acquisitions still lack transparency
- Daily news update: Rain storm causes destruction in KZN, load shedding, Mpho Moerane funeral
- 5 surprise omissions from India's T20I squad vs South Africa
- Health leaders keeping an eye out on monkeypox with presumptive case in South Florida
- World News | Africa's COVID-19 Cases Pass 11.59 Million