Groundbreaking law for customary marriages introducedOn 15 Sep 2020 by Mapepeza
The Gauteng Provincial Legislature, or GPL has recently introduced a new Bill that will provide for the equal treatment of women in pre-Act monogamous and polygamous customary marriages.
Led by Chairperson, Honourable Kedibone Diale, the Legislature’s Portfolio Committee on CoGTA and Human Settlements hereby invites the public to submit inputs and comments on the Recognition of the Customary Marriages Bill [B12 -2019].
The committee recently hosted a virtual panel discussion on the Bill which provides a ammunition against gender-based discrimination in customary marriages.
Facilitated by Chairperson Kedibone Diale, the discussion provided legal, socioeconomic, cultural, legislative and human rights perspectives from various subject experts. The discussions can be viewed on the Gauteng Legislature’s Youtube page.
The Committee invites stakeholders to submit inputs on the Recognition of Customary Marriages Bill [B12-2019] by email or WhatsApp to Ms Jabulile Nyembe on email@example.com or 079 522 8686.
The deadline for submissions is 30 September 2020.
You may also like
This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.
- Limpopo’s botanical garden to create about 200 temporary jobs
- Knocked out by the beauty of micro-seasons
- SA singer in line for two Josie Music Awards
- Nitish Rana's Cryptic Tweet After Missing Out on India's T20 Squad for South Africa Series Goes VIRAL
- Shock fuel price awaits South Africans as minister says no to further tax relief: report