On Thursday, October 7, the Futballing Girls non-profit organization held another awards ceremony to recognize and reward local sporting athletes, administrators and organizers from the City of Johannesburg.
The ceremony has awarded sports women in Sedibeng, West Rand and Ekurhuleni. Soon, the organizers will be honoring those from the City of Tshwane.
According to the NPO, women in sports awards will be introduced in other provinces across the country as part of the organisation’s women empowerment initiative.
Moonira Ramathula the founder of the Women in Sports Awards had this to say, “ Its really such an honour and pleasure to be back for the second edition of the Johannesburg Women in Sports Awards, celebrating, honouring and celebrating women and young girls in sport. We need to continue encouraging the growth and development of the women in sport brand. Lastly I would like to congratulate all the nominees and finalists for all their hard work in keeping girls and women in sport brand alive in communities.”
Each winner received a glass trophy, a certificate and prizes from the organizers and sponsor Essence Cosmetics.
Here is the full list of winners at the Joburg Women in Sports Awards 2021:
- Tamzin Mary Rowe – Coach Of The year
- Youth Alive – Sports Project Community Project Of The Year
- Lindokuhle Yolenda Jiyane – Community Sports Journalist Of The Year
- Nthabiseng Mamabolo – Community Sports Radio Presenter Of The Year
- Zonica Lindeque – School Sports Athlete Of The Year
- Standard Chartered Bank – Sponsor Of The Year
- Mila Ben David – Sports Achiever Of The Year
- Vinolia Nolene Austin – Administrator Of the Year
- Piwokuhle Nyanda – Sportswoman Of The Year
- Yane van der Merwe – Sportswoman Of The Year With Disability
- Mastercard Golden Lions – Womens Team Team Of The Year
- Kelello Tswai – Technical Official Of The Year
- Precious Hlaka – Volunteer Of The Year