Mzansi COVID-19 deaths pass 60000 markOn 29 Jun 2021 by Mapepeza
The National Institute for Communicable Diseases(NICD) has reported 12,222 new COVID-19 cases that have been identified in South Africa, which brings the total number of laboratory-confirmed cases to 1, 941,119.
According to the institute, this increase represents a 28.3% positivity rate.
The Gauteng province accounts for the majority of new cases (69%), followed by the Western Cape (7%).
NICD reports a further 138 COVID-19 related deaths have been reported, bringing total fatalities to 60,038 to date.
13,011,903 tests have been conducted in both public and private sectors health institutions.
2,787,996 citizens have been vaccinated thus far.
Hospital admissions increase
An increase of 512 hospital admissions have been reported in the past 24 hours.
You may also like
This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.
- In Africa, large land acquisitions still lack transparency
- Daily news update: Rain storm causes destruction in KZN, load shedding, Mpho Moerane funeral
- 5 surprise omissions from India's T20I squad vs South Africa
- Health leaders keeping an eye out on monkeypox with presumptive case in South Florida
- World News | Africa's COVID-19 Cases Pass 11.59 Million