Nine vehicle pile-up on N3 freeway, seven casualties hospitalized!On 6 May 2020 by Mapepeza
The N3 freeway was brought to a stand still today.
This is after nine vehicles were involved in a pile-up crash between Total Petro-port and Berry Marais Road off-ramp outside Vosloorus (south of Ekurhuleni) and seven casualties hospitalized with injuries ranging from serious to minor.
“Emergency services rescue team and paramedics from Ekurhuleni received the call at 12H40 and swiftly responded to the scene for intervention. Nine light motor vehicles were found to have been involved in a crash allegedly caused by grass fire burning adjacent to the freeway producing heavy dense smoke which obscured vision of the motorists,” said emergency spokesperson William Ntladi.
Both two lanes had to be closed for traffic flow for the duration of the operation till at around 17:20 when it was opened.
Pre-hospital medical treatment was rendered to all the injured prior transportation by various ambulances to medical facilities.
“The scene was handed over to the City of Ekurhuleni traffic officers for further investigations,” said Ntladi
You may also like
This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.
- In Africa, large land acquisitions still lack transparency
- Daily news update: Rain storm causes destruction in KZN, load shedding, Mpho Moerane funeral
- 5 surprise omissions from India's T20I squad vs South Africa
- Health leaders keeping an eye out on monkeypox with presumptive case in South Florida
- World News | Africa's COVID-19 Cases Pass 11.59 Million