R200 million worth of cocaine foundOn 10 Jul 2021 by Mapepeza
Gauteng police made a big arrest on Friday, July 9, when they arrested four suspects and seized 552 bricks of cocaine in wrapped bags.
The officers also confiscated four vehicles, a grey BMW including three government-owned vehicles as well as R60 000 in cash at a factory in Johannesburg.
“The cargo truck, which was traveling from Durban Harbour, was followed by the suspects’ vehicles from N3 near Leondale to its destination in Aeroton warehouse. At the warehouse, suspects removed the consignment from the truck and loaded into the bakkie.
Upon interviewing the driver of the bakkie, it was discovered that he is a police warrant officer attached to Zonkezizwe Police Station and that the bakkie is a State vehicle.
He was placed under arrest on the scene together with his three accomplices, another police warrant officer attached to National Investigative Unit, a Gauteng chief traffic officer and a civilian.
You may also like
This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.
- Limpopo’s botanical garden to create about 200 temporary jobs
- Knocked out by the beauty of micro-seasons
- SA singer in line for two Josie Music Awards
- Nitish Rana's Cryptic Tweet After Missing Out on India's T20 Squad for South Africa Series Goes VIRAL
- Shock fuel price awaits South Africans as minister says no to further tax relief: report