VOPAK SOUTH AFRICA Vacancy – External Posting
As Shift leader, it’s an interesting time for you to come on board at Vopak SA!
Around the world, we connect the supply of and demand for vital products and resources. Energy that allows people to heat their homes and have transportation. Food for a growing planet and chemicals for companies to use. Products that are vital to people’s lives. We ensure the safe, efficient and clean storage of such vital products. The global energy transition, the growing world population, and all new possibilities of emerging technologies make this a very interesting time to be doing business.
Your Main Mission
You will build together with all your colleagues on our ambition to be the best in Port.
Vopak SA is a growing company and major investments have been done. You will join our motivated team to optimize the use of the infrastructure and contribute to a culture of being proud to work for this growing company.
Purpose of Position
The Shift leader is a key business critical position within Vopak. The position requires individuals to convert business planning into an efficient shift plan and goals by leading teams of 5 to 8 people. The job therefore demands excellence in areas such as people leadership, motivation and engagement, change implementation and team management. Some of the operational elements of the shift leader position include:
- Management of the scheduling and execution of all operational activities on all sites and berths including all shipping activities to ensure timely and safe completion of all customer requirements as per procedures, work instructions, quality and Safety requirements with optimum use of all resources on site.
- Oversees the administration of operational processes and stock control. Also, responsible to coordinate the repairs and maintenance of all defective equipment on the berth/site with support from the Technical, SHEQ and other departments.
- Management of human resources, including staff performance management, industrial relations and development.
Key Performance Areas
- 1. Leadership:
- Lead, inspire and influence teams members
- Converts Operational year plan/business strategy into shift plan
- Sets goals and tracks for team
- Able to develop others
- Able to implement change in the operational domain
- Manages 2 way communication & engagement between management and team
- Able to maintain and grow relationships across departments and stakeholders
- Is the example to others
- Fosters team work and collaboration
- Enable and motivate others to contribute to continuous improvement, step by step
- 2. Management/Situational
- Manages the plans and shift team resources as per work load requirements
- Performs risk assessments and scoping of non-standard activities: tank washing and LOTO verification on site
- Conducts routine monitoring and SOR to ensure compliance to safety procedures and quality adherence on site
- Oversee stocks and monitor losses closely by conducting monitoring programs and stock investigations
- Ensures that all operational equipment is in good working condition at all times, and all quality management systems are kept up to date
- Responds to incidents i.e. odour complaints, spills, etc.
- Fosters the Quality awareness of staff and leads their efforts to continuously improve the work procedures and quality of operations on site and berths,
- Facilitate the identification of staff developmental needs and provides mentoring and coaching of staff
- Controls absenteeism, time and attendance, and ensure consistent application of the company policies
- Support the drawing up and control of the site expense budget.
- Authorizing of Contractor work permits on site and routine inspection of Contractors on sites in terms of Safety
- Implementation of Vopak minimum standards and ensuring SHEQ compliance
- Ensures that general housekeeping on site and berths is of a high standard.
Qualifications & Experience
- Tertiary Qualification
- Grade 12 or equivalent (Must)
- Degree in Chemical/Industrial Engineering or BTech in Operations Management, or
- Proven RPL to an NQF 7 level based on at least 12 years Operations experience and at least 7 years at Supervisory level
- Tank Farm experience especially at a management level (advantageous)
- Proven ability to Lead, Influence & Inspire others
Skills, Knowledge & Competencies
- Excellent Leadership skills
- Management skills
- Mathematical skills
- Analytical skills
- Problem solving skills
- Motivational skills
- Business administrations skills
- Report writing skills
- Technical skills
- Interpersonal Skills:
- Challenge the status quo
- Drives change
- Looks for optimisation
Closing Date 18th September 2020
Are you the Shift Leader that we are looking for?
If you meet the requirements please complete forward your CV to : email@example.com