Vila Lisa couple nabbed with explosives!On 13 Apr 2020 by Mapepeza
When officers of the Ekurhuleni Metro Police (EMPD) Special Task Team were doing their regular patrolling during the lock-down, when they received a tip-off about a couple doing something suspicious in their home.
“The Law Enforcement Team expecting to find liquor and cigarettes being sold unlawfully during the lock-down.
We unexpectedly caught a 34 and the 37-year old couple in possession of explosives, an unknown liquid, two false number plates, four pairs of gloves and tools in their bedroom.”
The discovery took place at the Villa Lisa area, south of Ekurhuleni on Friday afternoon, April 10.
“Since there were blood spits on the bedroom walls, the South African Police Service Detectives with explosive Units were summoned to the crime scene and thorough investigations, were conducted,” explained EMPD spokesperson Kobeli Mokheseng.
Charges of possession of explosives and house breaking implements were registered against the pair at the Dawn Park police station. They were expected to appear in the Vosloorus Magistrate’s Court.
You may also like
This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.
- In Africa, large land acquisitions still lack transparency
- Daily news update: Rain storm causes destruction in KZN, load shedding, Mpho Moerane funeral
- 5 surprise omissions from India's T20I squad vs South Africa
- Health leaders keeping an eye out on monkeypox with presumptive case in South Florida
- World News | Africa's COVID-19 Cases Pass 11.59 Million