The Minister of Social Development – Lindiwe Zulu, launched an online medical assessment system on Wednesday, 28 April 2021 in Western Cape to enable Disability Grants clients to book for their medical assessments without visiting the SASSA Local Offices.
The system will now be rolled out in Gauteng from Monday, 07 June 2021.
This aims at reducing the number of trips made by a client to SASSA offices for application of a Disability Grant. Through the online assessment booking system, SASSA will be able to conveniently reduce the number of clients visiting our Local Offices as they can now book in the comfort of their own homes.
Applicants who qualifying for a Disability Grant are advised to log onto www.sassa.gov.za and go to the Grants tab, then Disability Grant page where they will obtain a link to GovChat which they can use to start the booking process.
Clients will have to download the following forms:
Ø Medical Referral Form,
Ø SASSA affidavit and
Ø Annexure C Bank Form (These forms can be collected on express queue at SASSA local offices, should the client have no access to printing facilities)
The client will require a cellphone number for notification purposes upon starting the booking process.
- Clients to book for medical assessments from the available dates as captured on the system in the comfort of their homes.
- Clients to complete screening to establish documents to submit for application processing.
- Clients to download the medical referral form and SASSA Affidavits to complete for medical assessment and application processing
- Clients can enquire on their booking and screening outcome information (documents to bring for application processing). They will as well be informed what documents are required to complete an application such as (copies of ID, marital status, financial disclosure, proof of residence and more).
- Clients can cancel existing appointment and reschedule a new appointment depending on whether the date is available on the system.
- Clients will receive an SMS confirmation of their final medical assessment booking date and time.
Upon the assessment an application will be done in our SASSA offices after the doctor has completed the assessment.